The title of this post makes me laugh considering the fact that I got the recipe for this pizza online. I didn’t use one recipe though, I looked through a few and did a combination (as usual). This however, is not my first time of making a pizza, I made a few back in Serbia, using the easiest recipe ever but couldn’t find it when it was time to make this one.
So here goes:
Pizza Dough: Enough for two 8-10″ pizza’s
2 1/2 cups flour
2 3/4 baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp oil (I used olive oil)
3/4-1 cup water
Tomato Sauce (You can pretty much wing this):
2 tbsps olive oil
1/2 medium/small onion, finely chopped
1 small carrot or 1/2 big carrot, finely chopped
1 can plum tomatoes with the juice, chopped
1 tsp tomato paste
salt, black pepper, maggi and whatever else you’d like, to taste
Mozzarella Cheese (I actually used cheese slices because that’s what was available and didn’t want to go buy, but you can buy a chunk of cheese instead and grate it)
Green pepper, chopped
- Gently cook the onions and carrots in the olive oil, cover and leave on low heat, stirring occasionally till soft.
- Add garlic and oregano, on medium heat, cook for 30 seconds
- Add the tomatoes including the juice, the tomato paste, season with salt, pepper and maggi to taste.
- Reduce heat to low and cook uncovered till thickened.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl (flour, baking powder and salt). Add the oil and 3/4 cup water then stir until it forms a ball.
- If dough is stiff add a little water. It should be soft but not sticky
- Knead on a lightly floured surface for 5 minutes
- Roll into desired shape,lightly powder baking paper with cornflour, place the dough on it and then on the baking sheet/pan
- Add toppings starting with the tomato sauce, then cheese etc.
- Bake at 200C for 15-25 minutes.
Here is a video going through the whole process: Run through of method